Advertising

SBU says 56 people leave separatist-seized building in Luhansk; negotiations with gunmen continue (VIDEO)

Author: Kyiv Post All articles by this author

More about Kyiv Post


Apr. 09, 2014 09:51
215 159
Pro-Russian activists stand near a barricade in front of the security service building in the eastern Ukrainian city of Lugansk on April 8, 2014. Ukraine's acting president said on April 8 that he would treat Russian separatists who have seized buildings in the east of the country as "terrorists" who will be prosecuted with the full force of the law, as separatists still held on to the security service building in the city of Lugansk after breaking into its massive weapons cache and releasing several activists who had been accused of plotting to stage a coup. AFP PHOTO/ GENYA SAVILOV
Photo by AFP

The Security Service of Ukraine said that it has today negotiated the release of 56 unarmed people from the state agency's headquarters, but that talks continue with armed pro-Russian separatists holding the SBU building.

Exclusive article

To support independent journalism in Ukraine and gain access to this Kyiv Post exclusive article, please subscribe.

A Kyiv Post digital subscription is only $1.15 per week - the price of a cup of coffee!

Why support us? There are five reasons to subscribe to Kyiv Post.

Learn More
Subscribe now
Tags:


215 159

The Kyiv Post is hosting comments to foster lively public debate through the Disqus system. Criticism is fine, but stick to the issues. Comments that include profanity or personal attacks will be removed from the site. The Kyiv Post will ban flagrant violators. If you think that a comment or commentator should be banned, please flag the offending material.

comments powered by Disqus

Read more in {{sectionName}} section

All in {{sectionName}} section

SUBSCRIBE TO KYIV POST NEWSLETTERS