Trial of 'Dnipropetrovsk terrorists' to be public
Dnipropetrovsk - Dnipropetrovsk Regional Prosecutor Natalia Marchuk has said that the trial of the so-called Dnipropetrovsk terrorists will be held in public.
"Charges have been brought against four individuals. The court will hear this case in public," he said at a session of Dnipropetrovsk Regional Council on Friday.
It was reported that on April 27, 2012, four explosions occurred in a one-hour span in Dnipropetrovsk, injuring 31 people, including 10 teenagers, 26 victims were hospitalized. One victim, a woman, remains in hospital. All the explosive devices were planted in concrete trash containers.
SBU investigators are probing the criminal case opened by prosecutors on terror charges.
On May 31, senior officials in the Interior Ministry and the Prosecutor General's Office stated that two suspects had been arrested for allegedly demanding $4.5 million, otherwise they threatened to continue the explosions. It emerged on June 1 that four people were arrested. All of them have been remanded in custody by the court while the investigation is ongoing.
It was found later that one of them, Sukachov, is a senior political science professor at the National University of Dnipropetrovsk, and the second one, Vitaliy Fedoriak, is an assistant professor of political science.
The Kyiv Post is hosting comments to foster lively public debate through the Disqus system. Criticism is fine, but stick to the issues. Comments that include profanity or personal attacks will be removed from the site. The Kyiv Post will ban flagrant violators. If you think that a comment or commentator should be banned, please flag the offending material.comments powered by Disqus