KyivPost

Popov to investigate accusations of Elita-center fraud victims against Kyiv authorities

Print version
Oct. 1, 2012, 1:13 p.m. | Kyiv — by Interfax-Ukraine

Head of Kyiv City Administration Oleksandr Popov (in the centre) has promised to investigate claims by Elita-center fraud victims that Kyiv's authorities are failing to meet liabilities taken earlier on the realization of a program for the provision of housing to Elita-center fraud victims.
© www.kievcity.gov.ua

Head of Kyiv City Administration Oleksandr Popov has promised to investigate claims by Elita-center fraud victims that Kyiv's authorities are failing to meet liabilities taken earlier on the realization of a program for the provision of housing to Elita-center fraud victims.

"I'll settle this," he told Interfax-Ukraine in response to a request for comments on the address, a copy of which was given to him at a meeting with reporters in Kyiv on September 28, 2012.

Popov also added that today the city's liabilities to Elita-center fraud victims are slowly being fulfilled.

"Maybe, one wishes to see them being fulfilled quicker… There are objective factors here and subjective circumstances. For example, lawmakers [of Kyiv city council] vote against the construction of houses where construction is underway and where a part of apartments are planned for Elita-center fraud victims. This was Klitschko's [UDAR faction]. Is this the right thing to do?" he said.

Popov said that at present six projects in Kyiv are being built in which some apartments will be transferred to Elita-center fraud victims.

Elita-center fraud victims plan in October to start an indefinite protest strike due to the non-fulfillment of their program by Kyiv authorities.

This is stipulated in an address to Popov that was handed to him by representatives of Kyiv City Administration during a rally on September 27, 2012. Copies of addresses were sent to Ukrainian Premier Mykola Azarov and Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych.

Earlier Ukrainian Premier Mykola Azarov demanded the setting of realistic terms for the provision of apartments to victims of the Elita-Center fraud, drawing the attention of Kyiv city administration and Kyivmiskbud's leadership to the fact that on February 26, 2012 six years will have passed since the time of the fraud, and the issue is being resolved very slowly.

comments powered by Disqus

KyivPost

© 1995–2014 Public Media

Web links to Kyiv Post material are allowed provided that they contain a URL hyperlink to the www.kyivpost.com material and a maximum 500-character extract of the story. Otherwise, all materials contained on this site are protected by copyright law and may not be reproduced without the prior written permission of Public Media at news@kyivpost.com
All information of the Interfax-Ukraine news agency placed on this web site is designed for internal use only. Its reproduction or distribution in any form is prohibited without a written permission of Interfax-Ukraine.