KyivPost

Lutsenko pledges to prove his innocence

Print version
Feb. 27, 2012, 4:35 p.m. | Politics — by Interfax-Ukraine
SEE ALSO
Former Ukrainian interior minister Yuriy Lutsenko has said he will appeal against the four-year prison sentence he was given on Monday. "The court has read out a decision that was prepared by politicians… I will try to prove my case both legally and politically," Lutsenko said after Pechersky District Court in Kyiv found him guilty and sentenced him to imprisonment.

"This court, which ignored the findings of forensic examinations, read out a sentence that had been prepared by politicians in advance, by officials from the president's office, in order to remove me from political life as a political player," the ex-minister said.
The Kyiv Post is disabling its online comment section due to an increase in trolls, violent comments and other personal attacks. Other news organizations worldwide have taken similar steps for the same reasons. The Kyiv Post regrets having to take this action. The newspaper believes in a robust public debate, but the discussion must be constructive and intelligent. For the time being, the Kyiv Post will allow comments on its moderated Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/kyivpost/. The newspaper will consider hosting online comments again when circumstances allow. Thank you from the Kyiv Post.

KyivPost

© 1995–2015 Public Media

Web links to Kyiv Post material are allowed provided that they contain a URL hyperlink to the www.kyivpost.com material and a maximum 500-character extract of the story. Otherwise, all materials contained on this site are protected by copyright law and may not be reproduced without the prior written permission of Public Media at news@kyivpost.com
All information of the Interfax-Ukraine news agency placed on this web site is designed for internal use only. Its reproduction or distribution in any form is prohibited without a written permission of Interfax-Ukraine.