KyivPost

Trial of 'Dnipropetrovsk terrorists' to be public

Print version
Aug. 17, 2012, 7:46 p.m. | Ukraine — by Interfax-Ukraine

It was reported that on April 27, 2012, four explosions occurred in a one-hour span in Dnipropetrovsk, injuring 31 people, including 10 teenagers, 26 victims were hospitalized.
© inqs.karnage.ru

Dnipropetrovsk - Dnipropetrovsk Regional Prosecutor Natalia Marchuk has said that the trial of the so-called Dnipropetrovsk terrorists will be held in public.

"Charges have been brought against four individuals. The court will hear this case in public," he said at a session of Dnipropetrovsk Regional Council on Friday.

It was reported that on April 27, 2012, four explosions occurred in a one-hour span in Dnipropetrovsk, injuring 31 people, including 10 teenagers, 26 victims were hospitalized. One victim, a woman, remains in hospital. All the explosive devices were planted in concrete trash containers.

SBU investigators are probing the criminal case opened by prosecutors on terror charges.

On May 31, senior officials in the Interior Ministry and the Prosecutor General's Office stated that two suspects had been arrested for allegedly demanding $4.5 million, otherwise they threatened to continue the explosions. It emerged on June 1 that four people were arrested. All of them have been remanded in custody by the court while the investigation is ongoing.

It was found later that one of them, Sukachov, is a senior political science professor at the National University of Dnipropetrovsk, and the second one, Vitaliy Fedoriak, is an assistant professor of political science.

comments powered by Disqus

KyivPost

© 1995–2014 Public Media

Web links to Kyiv Post material are allowed provided that they contain a URL hyperlink to the www.kyivpost.com material and a maximum 500-character extract of the story. Otherwise, all materials contained on this site are protected by copyright law and may not be reproduced without the prior written permission of Public Media at news@kyivpost.com
All information of the Interfax-Ukraine news agency placed on this web site is designed for internal use only. Its reproduction or distribution in any form is prohibited without a written permission of Interfax-Ukraine.