CHITTAGONG, Bangladesh (AP) — An official says a fire at an apartment building in southeastern Bangladesh has killed all five members of a family.
Fire official Farid Ahmed says the victims — three children and their parents — suffocated after smoke filled their room while they were asleep in the three-story building in Chittagong.
He says the fire early Thursday was caused by an electrical short circuit.
Firefighters evacuated a dozen other residents from the building. The city is 135 miles (215 kilometers) southeast of Dhaka.
Web links to Kyiv Post material are allowed provided that they contain a URL hyperlink to the
www.kyivpost.com material and a maximum 500-character extract of the story. Otherwise, all materials
contained on this site are protected by copyright law and may not be reproduced without the prior
written permission of Public Media at firstname.lastname@example.org
All information of the Interfax-Ukraine news agency placed on this web site is designed for internal
use only. Its reproduction or distribution in any form is prohibited without a written permission of