Share Tweet Pocket Add to Bookmarks
You're reading: The Ukrainian HR Summit 2017

On the 20th of April there was conducted the 5th anniversary event for the Business and HR Leaders of the country, the Ukrainian HR Summit 2017. More than 220 Top Managers have come to hear the experience of large international and Ukrainian companies.

Traditionally, the Ukrainian HR Summit 2017 was opened by Alexander Polyanchuk, the Managing Partner of the executive search company Alex Polin International. He acknowledged that for all five years the Ukrainian HR summit 2017 has been the most impressive event as for speakers’ level of preparation and program itself.

A great event program, including a variety of formats: from the CEOs speeches to the sparring session, -griped the attention of the audience from the first till very last minute, and the level of event organization complied with the best European standards.

All participants of Summit have been especially waiting for one speaker. Positive Sunny Grosso, the Founder and CEO of Culture Trail, Corporate Culture Specialist of Delivering Happiness and Zappos (San Francisco, USA), took all people to the world of corporate culture called «Happiness». The scientific researches have proved there is an interconnection: happy employees = happy customers = successful company & happy life. Unfortunately, according to Gallup Organization and its reseaches data for 2014 only 33% of employees are happy at work, while 51% of employees are not involved at all, resulting in huge losses for both the company and the economy as a whole.

When it comes to personal happiness, it is 90% dependent on person, his or her thoughts and actions, and only the remaining 10% aren’t under our influence, so we need to get rid of the delusion that only by succeeding person will become happy. In fact, it is completely opposite: to be successful, we must be happy.

All speakers have raised important business topics, asked provocative questions, and engaged the audience in a dialogue.

Charismatic Andre de Wit, Vice President for Learning at the Carlsberg Group (Copenhagen, Denmark), has attended the Ukrainian HR Summit for the second time and again with the poignant topic «Visionary Leadership» and new trend in business and people management called «storytelling». Greg Nortje, Group Head of Human Resources of Ferrexpo (London), began his speech with the following statement: «In my company HR is a strategic function that is critically important for the business success as a whole», which made every Top Manager think of the HR role in their companies. The speech of Gökhan Denizhan, Retail Human Resources Director of LC Waikiki (Istanbul, Turkey), «Leadership as Unusual» caught the audience. After all the fact that 33% of students and new generation staff consider the Internet to be a vital necessity should change completely the approach to leadership and motivation in the near future.

The organizers of the Ukrainian HR Summit 2017 express their deep gratitude to all the speakers of the event: Sunny Grosso (Delivering happiness and Zappos, San Francisco), Greg Nortje (Ferrexpo, London), Gökhan Denizhan (LC Waikiki, Istanbul), Andre de Wit (Carlsberg Group, Copenhagen), Tamás Hak-Kovács (OTP Bank) Nataliya Strelkova (Metinvest), Yuriy Kurmaz (Ukrtelecom), Oleg Prohorenko (Ukrgazdobycha), Yevgenіy Shevchenko (Carlsberg Ukraine), Vadim Sidoruk (DHL Express Ukraine), Dmitriy Krepak (Visa International), Ekaterina Kostyuk (Oracle), Vladimir Degtyarev (Newsfront) and Andrey Stanchenko (NRG) as well as partners: Metinvest, DHL, NRG, Oracle,, HRT, House of knowledge, Є! Event, Gryadki, President Hotel, Deli Fleur, Task Force, Drive Force and magazine «Business»!

Found a spelling error? Let us know – highlight it and press Ctrl + Enter.


Add comment

Sorry, you must be logged in to post a comment.
More in this section

Add a picture
Choose file
Add a quote

Are you sure you want to delete your comment?


Are you sure you want to delete all user's comments?


Are you sure you want to unapprove user's comment?


Are you sure you want to move to spam user's comment?


Are you sure you want to move to trash user's comment?

Spelling error report

The following text will be sent to our editors: