Pact Inc. seeks candidates to fill the position of Anti-Corruption Expert for the USAID/Enhance Non-Governmental Actors and Grassroots Engagement (ENGAGE) activity in Ukraine
Pact is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity and is dedicated to the fair and equal treatment of all employees without regard to gender, race, color, religion, creed, age, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, disability, or marital status. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
Supervisor: Strategic Communication Manager
Job type: Full time
Effective Date: ASAP
Duration: one year with possibility of the extension
Pact is an international development organization with a mission to help build strong communities globally that provide people with an opportunity to earn a dignified living, raise healthy families, and participate in democratic life. Pact achieves this by strengthening the capacity of grassroots organizations, coalitions and networks and by forging linkages among government, business and the citizen sectors to achieve social, economic and environmental justice.
About the ENGAGE activity
Pact seeks candidates to fill the position of Anti-Corruption Expert for the USAID/Enhance Non-Governmental Actors and Grassroots Engagement (ENGAGE) activity in Ukraine. ENGAGE aims to increase citizen awareness of and engagement in civic actions at the national, regional, and local level. By strengthening civil society’s responsiveness to diverse constituencies, the USAID/ENGAGE activity aims to empower citizens to advocate for reform, demand effective implementation, and hold government accountable in the path toward a peaceful and prosperous European Ukraine.
Anti-Corruption Expert will be responsible for coordination of anti-corruption programmatic and technical efforts for the project, under the supervision of the Strategic Communication Manager. S/he will be responsible for planning and coordinating anti-corruption and transparency program activities, developing and maintaining working relationships with civil society organizations throughout Ukraine, community groups, and other stakeholders. Roughly 80% of the Expert’s time will be devoted to anti-corruption policies and the remaining 20% will be devoted to other relevant governance reform policies.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- At least 10 years of experience managing and conducting international development programs related to anti-corruption, governance and/or accountability;
- Minimum 7 years of demonstrated practical professional experience in designing, implementing and monitoring anti-corruption initiatives in particular sectors, including public administration, justice, education, etc.;
- Professional experience in working in or with relevant agencies such as anti-corruption, judiciary or oversight institution is highly desirable;
- Strong analytical and thought-leadership record, and problem-solving skills;
- Master’s degree in Public Policy, Sociology, Public Administration, Political Science, Law, Economics or related field;
- Professional level of English, Ukrainian and Russian, both written and oral;
- Proven interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective and constructive working relationships with people of different national and cultural backgrounds while maintaining impartiality and objectivity.
- Experience at a similar position; experience working with international technical assistance programs supported by USAID or European donors is a plus;
- Time-management and organizational skills, flexibility;
- Advanced user of different computer applications, including knowledge of data bases, data visualization;
- Self-motivated and highly committed to the mission of ENGAGE.
Please send your CV and cover letter to ENGAGEHR@pactworld.org with “Anti-Corruption Expert” in the subject line by COB August 11, 2017. Please include at least three contacts of your former supervisors who can provide reference for you. Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.