Business Development Manager Education and Society
The British Council works in Ukraine to promote educational, scientific and cultural cooperation with the UK. Our activities include the teaching of English and the administration of UK exams on a commercial basis, the delivery of technical assistance contracts for governments and international donors, and the delivery of charitable projects and programmes in English, Education, Society and the Arts using UK Government funds.
The post holder will work with UK, regional and country-based managers to:
- Create a sustainable business model for our client-/donor-funded project management work in Ukraine, growing income from contracts, partners and paid-for services and ensuring cost-effectiveness of contracts won.
- Identify and monitor market and client /donor trends (clients / donors including the European Commission, World Bank, DFID, international Embassies and foundations, and companies with corporate social responsibility programmes).
- Identify and actively track individual business opportunities, including donor- and client-funded contracts, co-funded and partnership agreements and paid-for services.
- Work with English and arts programme teams to establish and maintain an active and cross-sectoral business pursuit list.
- Oversee the proposal management process for an agreed portfolio of business pursuit opportunities from beginning to end.
- Contribute to the pursuit of opportunities in other parts of the British Council’s Wider Europe region as agreed.
The post holder must be able to work with a high level of autonomy and flexibility, while being part of a cross-country and cross-sectoral regional business development team
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a relevant field.
- Knowledge of Ukraine’s international donor / technical assistance landscape.
- International donor scoping, positioning and pursuit experience.
- Proven understanding of donor-funded technical assistance proposal development, competitive tendering and administrative compliance.
- Proficient English, Ukrainian and Russian.
To apply, please visit https://jobs.britishcouncil.org
Short listing will be done against required skills, experience and qualifications listed in the Role Profile.pdf .
Successful candidates will be invited for an English language testing and interview.
Candidates wishing to apply should fill out the on-line application form.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 05 May 2017.
The British Council is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and welcomes applicants from all sections of the community. We work to ensure that people are not unjustifiably discriminated against on the basis of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, religion or belief, sexual orientation or any other irrelevant grounds. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria
The British Council believes that all children have potential and that every child matters – everywhere in the world. The British Council affirms the position that all children have the right to be protected from all forms of abuse as set out in article 19, UNCRC 1989
The British Council in Ukraine has been ranked within the top 20 of more than 500 companies surveyed in relation to supporting learning and development for their employees. Part of a Hay survey on Best companies for personal development in Ukraine 2015, we have been placed at no 8 – the highest scoring British employer and the only British employer to make the top 20. http://nv.ua/publications/kuznicy-kadrov-nv-predstavilo-reyting-luchshih-mest-raboty-dlya-ukraincev-56819.html