Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH in Kyiv is seeking for their growing Energy Efficiency Portfolio (EE) a qualified professional to fill the position of the:
Communications and PR Specialist (m/f)
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- coordinate the press and PR activities of the Energy Efficiency Portfolio;
- build and maintain good relations with the national press, national and regional partners, other international donors and implementing organizations, other GIZ projects and the GIZ Country Office;
- draft press releases, newsletters, posts on websites, social media, fact sheets, presentations etc.;
- develop/provide information materials for both press and public (basic and specific) and distributes them systematically among target groups;
- organize events on national level and facilitate delegations;
- establish a strategically targeted communications for the EE-Portfolio in cooperation/coordination with the GIZ Country Office and PR person responsible for the GIZ projects;
- ensure communication between the Energy Efficiency Projects effectively, operate the projects and provide them proactively with information on the basis of equal treatment of all projects in the Energy Efficiency Portfolio;
- assure the transparency of work processes in the field of communications and provide timely support of various projects in the Energy Efficiency Portfolio according to pre-agreed principles;
- ensure the implementation of standards and guidelines for communication activities of the GIZ;
- serve the central project partners as a contact person for communication issues;
- revise, where necessary, information materials from the various Energy Efficiency Projects (for publications, press conferences, internet etc.);
- independently provide communication materials; instruct the technical experts in the projects relating to target group-oriented communication;
- cooperate with external communication service providers (for example: consultants, agencies, photographers, coaches, writers) and ensures the required high quality of external supplies,
- compile press monitoring, documentation and analysis of press reports on the project activities of the EE-Portfolios and on specialized topics in this field;
- coordinate and manage the monitoring of the communication work (communication budget planning in terms of size, form and content quality, effectiveness of measures);
- by the instructions of the executives take over other activities and tasks.
Qualifications and Experience:
- university degree in Business Administration / Economics / Communication or equivalent education;
- at least 5 years of work experience in the field of communication (Press and Public Relations, Journalism, internal communications or lobbying or similar) – ideally in a related technical field (knowledge of energy (efficiency) is an advantage);
- very good oral and writing skills; competent and confident style of communication and presentation with public and target oriented groups;
- experience with production of media for different information channels as well as experience in control and briefing of service providers and agencies;
- knowledge of publishing and graphics applications are desired;
- experience in Project and / or Event Management;
- editorial experience in writing articles, press releases and own essays (work samples highly appreciated);
- very good user knowledge of IT and communication technologies, and common computer applications (MS Office, In Design etc.);
- an independent and result-oriented approach and willingness to learn, flexibility, self-organization and ability to withstand stress;
- intercultural communication and management skills;
- very good command of Ukrainian / Russian, German and English (orally and in writing).
Position: a full-time position, 40 hours per week.
Contract duration: approximately till June 2019 with the possibility of extension.
Please send your CV and a cover letter (as well as work samples) in German and English by March 30, 2017 to HRfirstname.lastname@example.org including the title of the position you are applying for in the subject of the e-mail.