E-Governance for Accountability and Participation (EGAP) Program is looking for Component 4 “National Policy” Local Coordinator. For detailed infomation about the vacancy and the Program which is funded by Swiss Confederation through the Swiss Cooperation Office in Ukraine and implemented by East Europe Foundation, Innovabridge Foundation please visit www.egap.in.ua
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES OF LOCAL COORDINATOR
The Local Coordinator will assist the Lead and the EGAP Program Manager with the following:
- In close collaboration with the State Agency for E-Governance, OGP Secretariat at Cabinet of Ministers and National Coalition for E-democracy ensures the sustainability and success of activities initiated in the first 2 years of the EGAP Program, particularly ensuring the promotion of e-services and the implementation of the National Concept for E-democracy (2016-18) action points most relevant for EGAP Program’s goals and objectives;
- Establishes/ maintains a sustainable Working Group on e-Governance (e.g. engages in the National Inter-Ministerial Council on E-governance) and on e-Democracy (E-democracy Coalition at the Reanimation Package of Reforms) holds at minimum, quarterly meetings to promote the effective implementation of select legislative/ policy initiatives;
- In alignment with EGAP’s key activities, identifies strategic entry points for policy dialogue, initiates analytics and organizes thematic policy roundtables at national and inter-regional level aiming to initiate and change legislation or policies on e-Services and e-Democracy;
- Ensures coordination with other EGAP Component 1,2,3 Leads and regional coordinators ensuring that activities strategically build on and reinforce other Components;
- Ensuring public visibility of activities and results offline and online at national/ regional level through press conferences, online, Good E-Governace Policy Brief Series, blogging and other creative promotional initiatives; in Year 4 will co-organize a National Conference;
- Maintaining excellent relations with government representatives, civil society and donors.
The above is an approximate division of tasks which will be flexibly adapted to implementation.
- Has a university degree in Social Sciences, Public Administration or other pertinent experience.
- Knowledgeable and experienced practitioner in the areas of e-governance and e-democracy (able to provide concrete examples of past achievements), familiar with innovative Ukrainian and international trends, approaches in e-governance and e-democracy.
- Solid track record in organizing policy dialogues, in the development/ influencing/advocacy of national legislation and inter-governmental coordination/ relations at national and regional level.
- Excellent professional written/verbal communication, interpersonal, promotional and diplomacy skills, capacity to collaborate with and convene government representatives, donors, civil society and media.
- Demonstrates strong leadership, self-initiative, results-orientation and organizational skills.
- Has high professional and ethical standards in line with Swiss Agency for Development Cooperation’s Code of Conduct for Implementing Partners.
- Excellent command of Ukrainian and English (oral and written).
Deadline for submissions: Interested candidates should to send their applications including a motivation letter, current curriculum vitae and 2 professional references from prior employers by 21 August 2017 to Dr.Tomkova (email@example.com) and Ms.Saienko (firstname.lastname@example.org). Shortlisted candidates will be called for interviews by 1 September 2017. The expected starting date for the position is 15 September 2017.