Financial Sector Transformation (FST) Activity in Ukraine
Scope of Work
The USAID-funded Financial Sector Transformation Activity in Ukraine (Ukraine FST) is a four-year activity that aims to transform and stabilize Ukraine’s financial sector. In coordination with the Government of Ukraine and the international donor community, the objectives of this activity include increasing public confidence in, understanding of, and use of the banking system; transforming the non-bank financial sector regulatory environment, including the Ukrainian capital markets; increasing access to finance for small businesses and financial inclusion; expanding financial inclusion through enhanced digital finance; and supporting a balanced and sustainable pension system.
Summary of Primary Duties
The Financial Assistant will assist with day to day accounting and finance related functions of the FST Project. This includes recording of bank and cash transactions, collecting and auditing documents related to project travel and disbursing travel expenses, assisting with submission of financial reports based on internal deadlines, etc.
Reporting and location: This position will report to the Chief Accountant and ultimately to the Finance and Administration Director. This position is located in Kyiv, Ukraine.
• Assist with compiling of backup documentation for all project related transactions, and ensure completeness and appropriate review and approvals are documented;
• Assist Chief Accountant with scanning and uploading voucher files to DAI’s System for the Electronic Archival of Financial Documentation – BOX;
• Maintain petty cash in accordance with internal policy, make sure all petty cash procedures are followed;
• Record petty cash transaction and handle petty cash withdrawals and disbursements;
• Keep track of staff travel requests; review staff travel expense reports for accuracy and compliance, make sure all back up travel documentation submitted and filed;
• Prepare and submit monthly VAT exemption reports for tax authorities;
• Assist Chief Accountant with timely submission of VAT annual reporting to USAID;
• Assist in carrying out periodic physical check of inventory;
• Keep abreast of the current changes in USAID financial regulations, as well as Ukrainian tax regulations;
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by Supervisor.
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Accounting, Finance;
• 1 + years of relevant experience in finance and accounting;
• Experience working on a USAID-funded project preferred;
• Familiarity with USAID rules and regulations preferred;
• Experience with Microsoft office suite;
• An energetic, forward-thinking individual with high ethical standards;
• Must be well organized, flexible, skilled at handling multiple tasks, and able to adhere to deadlines;
• Fluency in English and Ukrainian is required.
Candidates are asked to submit a CV and cover letter in English to RecruitmentFST@dai.com.
Applications will be reviewed and interviews held on the rolling basis. Please reference the job for which you are applying in your e-mail’s subject line.
Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. No telephone inquiries will be accepted.