Consultants for healthcare provider autonomy and hospital district strategic planning
- Project Background and Summary:
The purpose of this project is to strengthen Ukraine’s health systems to ensure effective and sustainable
delivery of HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment services to key populations. The project is going to
focus on three main objectives:
- Enhance national leadership and capacity of evidence-based and gender-based HIV policy programming and implementation
- Improve and optimize resource allocation and financing for the national and selected regional HIV/AIDS programs targeting key populations, and
- Optimize and strengthen human resources for health (HRH) for the delivery and scale-up gender-sensitive HIV/AIDS services targeting key populations.
HIVRiA Project recently expanded its activities to support broader health system strengthening interventions to support Government of Ukraine efforts in health care reform.
One of the areas of technical assistance is to facilitate the achievement of greater efficiency and quality in health care delivery by assisting health facilities’ in autonomous management. The strategic planning and management technical assistance will include regulatory and administrative changes to improve health care provider management and operations to achieve quality and efficiency gains.
Key responsibilities include:
- provide technical assistance to local administration and health care provider in implementing health finance reform;
- technical support to select primary health care (PHC) providers in operational management of primary health care clinics under capitation model;
- introduce legal roadmap to transition PHC providers to non-profit enterprises;
- support PHC in areas related to contract negotiations, contract development, management of PHC group practice, human resources and other area
- develop tools and data needs that are necessary for development of integrated hospital district strategic plans;
- prepare and conduct list of workshops and trainings
- Period of performance
Based on the interview results, the best applicants will be offered a part-time employment through December 2018
- Qualification requirements
- university degree in healthcare administration, public administration, business administration, law or other related disciplines;
- no less than 5 years of experience;
- experience of work with central executive authorities;
- experience of work with international projects and/or organizations;
- experience in health sector;
- analysis of draft laws and policies;
- knowledge of law-making techniques and/or state policy analysis and strategic planning;
- computer skills;
- fluent Ukrainian, English is a plus.
Qualified candidates are expected to send their CVs, cover letters and 2 reference letters to
firstname.lastname@example.org no later than June 28, 2017. Please indicate the following in the
subject field of the email: “Health reform consultants.” Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an