SHORT-TERM LEASING COMMUNICATION ASSISTANT
DAI Global, LLC (DAI) is seeking a qualified professional to fill the short-term position of Leasing Communication Assistant for the USAID Financial Sector Transformation Project (FST).
The Financial Sector Transformation Project is a four-year program (October 2016 – December 2020) funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and managed by DAI.
Working in partnership with the Government of Ukraine and its financial sector regulators, financial industry associations, civil society organizations and the private sector, the Project intends to:
- increase public confidence in, understanding, and use of the banking system;
- transform the non-bank financial sector regulatory environment;
- increase access to finance for SMEs;
- improve financial inclusion and expand digital finance solutions; and
- prepare a balanced and sustainable pension system.
Development of the leasing market and improvement of leasing tools for SMEs’ access to finance were defined as a priority area of the Project Non-banking Financial Institutions Component. This includes legal and regulatory support, sharing of international best practices, market research and other surveys, staff and other training, and improvement of consumer knowledge of leasing in comparison to other financial services.
The Leasing Communication Assistant will assist FST with the promotion of leasing as a key financial tool for SME finance.
Specific Tasks include the following:
- Promotion of leasing as key financial tool for SME finance;
- Conducting anti-fraud public awareness campaign in leasing sector;
- Collection and processing of the statistic of the leasing market, preparation of the quarterly reports/articles for media;
- Update and maintaining of the of the web-site and Facebook page;
- Organization of the round tables, conferences, trainings and other events;
- Assist in other issues concerning leasing market development;
- Preparation of the reports to the USAID FST Project on the leasing market development.
- Monthly reports with the list of publications in media and internet resources;
- Reports on the conducted public events (including agenda, list of participants, participants’ references);
- Progress reports on leasing market development.
Education and Qualifications for the position include:
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, communications, journalism, finance or a related field, Master’s degree preferred;
- Exceptional writing, research, and communications skills;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Familiarity with social media platforms (e.g., Facebook) required;
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud applications (e.g., Photoshop, InDesign) preferred;
- Experience with website design and/or maintenance preferred;
- Native Ukrainian fluency required; English writing and spoken proficiency preferred.
This is a short-term assignment for up to 72 working days. Expected period of performance: September 1, 2017 – February 28, 2018
Candidates are asked to submit resumes and cover letters in English to: RecruitmentFST@dai.com indicating the position title in the subject line by August 10, 2017.
Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. No telephone inquiries will be accepted.