Project title: Support to the decentralisation reform in Ukraine – Enhanced Regional Development in Policy and Action (RDPA)
Sector: Governance, Regional Policy and Decentralization Reform
Position: Local short-term experts (senior/junior)
Project duration: May 2017 – December 2019 (32 months)
This project is a sub-component of the EU funded Ukraine Local Empowerment, Accountability and Development Programme (U-LEAD).
The aim is to support the Ministry for Regional Development, Building and Housing and Communal Economy as well as other relevant stakeholders at central, regional and local level in the development and implementation of regional policy and decentralization reforms.
The short-term experts shall complement and support the core team with specific technical expertise and legal knowledge as well as experience with the regulatory framework in one or more of the below listed fields of expertise and project components:
– Providing specific technical, economic or legal input into the activity, in relation to the specific project component in question;
– Contribution to the network building of the project for effective implementation of its activities;
– Contribution to RDPA operational planning, implementation and monitoring of activities as needed;
– Contribution to project reporting and documentation as requested;
– Contribute to further activities as needed.
Fields of expertise:
– Strategic planning; Financial management & control;
– Project cycle management; Economic, social and environmental impact assessment;
– Organisational development; Training management;
– Economic development; Public sector reform; Regional policy development and implementation;
– Management of public information systems and databases; Statistics; Regional Development monitoring and evaluation systems; indicator system and regional development index;
– Inter-institutional coordination; Public Relations & visibility.
1. Legal Provisions for New State Regional Policy
2. Institutional Support of Regional Development
3. Support to Design and Implementation of National/Regional Development Strategies
4. Improvement of Regional Development Funding Mechanisms
5. Support Design and Implementation of Regional Development Projects
6. Improvement of the Regional Development Monitoring System
7. Spatial Planning and Development
– Master’s Degree OR equivalent 10 years (senior) / 6 years (junior) in the respective fields of the required expertise;
– Over 10 years (senior) / Over 5 years (junior) in technical areas associated with this contract (see above).
– Policy advisory experience / implementation experience in the requested fields;
– Strong social and intercultural skills;
– strong client-orientiation and efficient work approach;
– experience in interdisciplinary and participatory project environments is an asset;
– STE input must be compatible with the GIZ Capacity WORKS model (Familiarity with Capacity WORKS);
– Experience in GIZ projects is a strong asset.
Regional Experience / Knowledge of Countries
– Over 8 years (senior) / Over 3 years (junior) of working experience in Eastern Europe and/or Central Asia (post-soviet context);
– Working experience in Ukraine will be an asset.
– Very good English speaking and writing skills;
– Excellent Russian/Ukrainian;
– German is an asset.
Application deadline: 15.01.2017, please send your CV in EU Format
Send your application to:
ICON-INSTITUT Private Sector GmbH
Tel: + 49 221 93743 261