Principal Banker, Equity, Kiev
The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) is looking for a Banker to further develop its equity investments in Ukraine. The position requires competency in undertaking all tasks related to, and understands all aspects of, project development and implementation, including project origination, structuring, execution, implementation and monitoring, for all types of investment instruments offered by the Bank at Principal Banker level. Principal Banker who will act both as a senior member of project teams and/or as an operation leader.
The Principal Banker, in his/her role as an operation leader, takes responsibility for effective leadership of his/her project team/s, supervises junior banking staff, and contributes to their coaching and providing mentoring assistance, as required.
The required qualification are:
- Bachelor’s degree. Master’s degree preferred or equivalent experience in the areas of expertise.
- Professional qualification such as ACA, CFA, ACCA, or CIMA desirable.
- Strong quantitative/numerical skills are critical with the ability to interpret financial information and to design and use financial models.
- Credit analysis skills, with the ability to interpret accounts, understanding local and international accounting principles and practice of credit analysis.
- Computer literacy, conversant with Microsoft Office and spread sheet packages including financial analysis and modelling modules.
- Excellent understanding of relevant systems and processes.
- Stakeholder management skills.
- Coaching, mentoring & leadership skills.
- Relationship management and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work to deadlines and under time pressure.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Good command over any language used in EEC or SEE region is an advantage.
Experience & Knowledge:
- Significant relevant private equity experience, preferably in a major private equity firm or private equity arm of a major merchant/investment, commercial or development bank, private equity firm, asset management firm.
- Previous experience to the Bank’s countries of operations an advantage.
- Practical experience of participating in and leading complex transactions through the full project life cycle.
- Relevant industry/country (as applicable) experience might be mandatory, including understanding of country/regional/sector dynamics and trends – depending on the specifics of the position.
- Relevant Equity experience in Ukraine and/or CEE
If interested, please apply at the Bank’s web site www.ebrd.com. Applications have to be made on the Bank’s electronic platform. The deadline for applications is August 18, 2017.