Vacancy Number: RM0817
Position title: Regional Manager
Opening Date: Immediate
Deadline: August 28, 2017
Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
Area of Consideration: All Sources
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION
Under the supervision of the Director of Programming and Training (DPT), The Regional Manager (RM) is responsible for providing direct support to Volunteers in his/her region and for establishing and strengthening relationships with local communities. S/he leads ongoing site development and field support for local communities and their Peace Corps Volunteers (Volunteers) yearly.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Program and Training Coordination (25%)
Monitors Peace Corps projects and training activities from a field perspective, identifies assets and challenges in PCV assignments and provides feedback to training and program unit as appropriate.
Manages and enters information for Volunteer case management into the database: site development, host agency information, emergency contact information, quarterly reports, project accomplishments, monitoring and evaluation and follow up information.
Volunteer Support (55%)
Ensures effective human resource management of Volunteers assigned to a region maximizing impact of the Peace Corps program by providing support and coaching as needed to each PCV in the following areas: absence from site and leave, Volunteers’ adherence to policy and procedures/core expectation, provides technical support (including in-service training, role clarification); emotional support (personal and professional) on a wide range of issues; cultural adaptation guidance; problem identification and solving, and crisis intervention.
50% of work time is spent in travel in the assigned regions.
Takes an active role in site identification and development by meeting with host families, sharing information about potential partners with Lead Specialists.
Conducts housing checks for new Volunteer placements and for Volunteers with approval to change housing during their term of service to certify housing meets PC standards.
Helps identify training needs of Volunteers and counterparts.
Safety & Security (10%)
Ensures that prospective sites meet established programmatic and safety and security criteria (e.g. safe housing, a clearly defined assignment with an organization that shows real interest in working with a Volunteer, etc. ).
Maintains communication with each volunteer and solicits periodic feedback, including information about Volunteer safety and security.
Participates in the design and implementation of the Emergency Action Plan (EAP).
Knowledgeable and supportive of Peace Corps safety and security policies and procedures, including the timely reporting of suspicious incidents, persons or articles.
Support to Country Program (5%)
Maintains working relationships, when appropriate, with government agencies, and NGOs in the assigned region in an effort to encourage possible collaboration, and support for, PCV projects.
Additional Responsibilities (5%)
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED FOR EFFECTIVE PERFORMANCE
Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Education, Community Development, Management or related area.
Prior Work Experience:
• At least 5 years relevant job experience demonstrating increased leadership roles.
• 5 Years of Experience in training, design and facilitation
• 5 Years of Experience in project design and management
• 5 years experience in coaching, mentoring, and leading individuals and teams
• Previous experience working with international organizations or groups
• 3-5 years of past experience and demonstrated passion for working closely with people from diverse cultures, backgrounds, and perspectives required.
• Proven Monitoring, reporting and evaluation abilities
• Fluent in English, Ukrainian and Russian.
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate at a high level (both oral and written) in English, Ukrainian and Russian across multiple levels of contacts.
• Ability to maintain high levels of professionalism and confidentiality
• High emotional intelligence
• Ability to both receive and give feedback, to work independently and as part of a team.
• Willingness to travel extensively and frequently, up to 60% of the time.
• Detailed oriented with demonstrated above average project planning and program documentation skills.
• Practical abilities in the use of MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point), the Internet. Familiarity with data management software a plus.
Remuneration: Depending on professional background and experience a competitive compensation and benefits package is offered.
SECURITY REQUIREMENTS: A background security investigation will be required for all hires. Appointment will be a subject to the applicant’s successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication.
Please note this vacancy is open for competition only amongst nationals of Ukraine.
After an initial application screening, the best-qualified applicants will be invited to a testing process and oral interviews.
How to Apply:
1. Send a cover letter in English explaining your interest in the vacancy, CV, and two-three letters of references to the address below:
P.O. Box 204,
or to e-mail address:
2. Indicate the vacancy announcement number on the application, email subject line, or on the envelope.
3. Due to the volume of applications received, receipt cannot be acknowledged individually.
4. Only applications received before the closing date will be eligible for consideration. Applications and letters, which are inadequate or incomplete, will not be considered.
5. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
SECURITY REQUIREMENTS: A background security investigation will be required for all hires. Appointment will be a subject to the applicant’s successful completion of a background security investigation and