FEAO Senior Economic Analyst
Terms of Reference
The Financial and Economic Analysis Office (FEAO)
The FEAO was established in November 2015 to provide independent and non-partisan economic, financial and legal analysis to the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine (VRU), its members and committees. The office produces a series of standard products which present independent and factual information to the VRU, as well as responding to requests from committees and individual members and their staff. The project aims to improve the quality of financial and economic legislation, information and analysis which is available to the VRU’s members and committees and to increase the utilisation of financial information available in Ukraine for effective oversight and scrutiny.
The FEAO is a small team (12 person) and staff are expected to be flexible in their work in order to deliver the objectives of the organization.
The Senior Economic Analyst is leading cluster team of economist (1-2 person). They will take overall responsibility for the timely development and delivery of high-quality economic products for use of VRU members and committees in the specific topic (budget, tax, economic and cross-cutting).
Senior Economic Analyst Main Duties
- Research and analyze economic issues
- Coordination of the cluster team of economic analysts ensuring appropriate deployment of various skills and ensuring effective delivery of economic products
- Conduct surveys and collect data
- Analyze data using mathematical models and statistical techniques
- Prepare reports, tables, and charts that present research results
- Interpret and forecast market trends
- Advise governments on economic topics
- Design policies or make recommendations for solving economic problems
- Write articles for publication in newsletters and academic journals
Duration and proposed timeframe:
Duration of assignment is 3 April 2017 through 31 December 2017.
Contract type – Fixed term consultancy contract; full time
Location – Kyiv, Ukraine
Please submit a CV, application form and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 23:59(GMT) 24 March 2017.