Ukraine Health Reform Support Program
Technical Advisor, e-Health/Health Management Information Systems (HMIS)
John Snow, Inc. (JSI) seeks a dynamic and highly experienced candidate for the e-Health/Health Management Information Systems (HMIS) Technical Advisor position for a USAID-funded Health Reform Support Project in Ukraine. The Health Reform Support Project will work to strengthen the health care system to improve access to and availability of high quality health services for Ukrainians while boosting the health system as a significant sector of Ukraine’s economy. The project’s goal is to support a transparent, accountable and effective health care system capable of meeting the needs of the Ukrainian people.
Should JSI be the successful bidder, this will be a full-time position based in Kyiv, Ukraine. The e-Health/Health Management Information Systems (HMIS) Technical Advisor will report to the Deputy Chief of Party.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Technical Advisor, e-Health/Health Management Information Systems shall be responsible for tasks that will help:
● Support the development and validation of supportive supervision tools, HMIS support materials and standard operating procedures to improve HMIS functioning and use;
● Develop curricula for MOH staff to improve data use at each level of the health system;
● Conduct trainings for MOH staff to improve data use at each level of the health system;
● Conduct supportive supervision visits;
● Participate in the development and implementation of data collection and reporting tools and systems that correspond to the needs of decision makers at every level of the health system, as needed, and ensure compatibility with other existing systems
● Participate in the development of appropriate planning, monitoring, management and control systems to ensure informed decision-making and implementation of project activities;
● As a member of the Project’s senior management team, contribute to the strategic direction of the Project, and represent the Project at meetings and conferences.
Technical Advisor, e-Health/Health Management Information Systems (HMIS) Minimum Qualifications:
The Technical Advisor, e-Health/Health Management Information Systems shall have the following minimum qualifications:
● Demonstrated competence in and at least three (3) years of managing and providing technical assistance in the areas of communication, information, education and health data management;
● Strong interpersonal, writing and oral presentation skills in English are required, and fluency/proficiency in Ukrainian and/or Russian is required;
● Experience working on a USAID funded project preferred;
● A Master’s Degree in Information Sciences and Data Management, Business or Public Administration or related field is required.
Please submit a cover letter and CV to the following email address by Thursday, August 17th: