Ukraine Health Reform Support Program
Technical Advisor, Health Financing/ Health Economics
John Snow, Inc. (JSI) seeks a dynamic and highly experienced candidate for the Health Financing/Health Economics Technical Advisor position for a USAID-funded Health Reform Support Project in Ukraine. The Health Reform Support Project will work to strengthen the health care system to improve access to and availability of high quality health services for Ukrainians while boosting the health system as a significant sector of Ukraine’s economy. The project’s goal is to support a transparent, accountable and effective health care system capable of meeting the needs of the Ukrainian people.
Should JSI be the successful bidder, this will be a full-time position based in Kyiv, Ukraine. The Health Financing/Health Economics Technical Advisor will report to the Chief of Party or Deputy Chief of Party.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Technical Advisor, Health Financing/Health Economics shall be responsible for tasks that will:
● Work with various leaders in the Ukrainian health care system to implement the new health care financing model;
● Review technical performance of the project and counterparts in meeting target indicators for health finance;
● Conduct and/or support health finance impact evaluation and other related health financing studies as needed;
● Monitor innovative health financing interventions and provide technical lead in the design and monitoring of pilot projects;
● Provide and mobilize, technical assistance to the MOH in developing a long term strategic financing strategy/plan and framework;
● Provide technical support to MOH, regional health departments and other health facilities on financing and protective measures;
● Facilitate and contribute to national health financing policy and strategy development;
● As a member of the Project’s senior management team, contribute to the strategic direction of the Project, and represent the Project at meetings and conferences;
● Develop or adapt support materials and approaches for training, business planning, and leadership strengthening for health management;
● Plan and oversee the identification, design, and implementation of strategies involving institutional strengthening and financial sustainability;
Technical Advisor, Health Financing/Health Economics Minimum Qualifications:
The Technical Advisor, Health Financing/Health Economics shall have the following minimum
● Demonstrated competence in and at least five (5) years of managing and providing technical assistance in key areas of health financing, (i.e.Diagnosis Related Groups or other provider payment mechanisms to promote transparency and accountability in health sector financing);
● Strong interpersonal, writing and oral presentation skills in English are required, and fluency/proficiency in Ukrainian and/or Russian is also required;
● Experience working on a USAID funded project preferred;
● A Master’s Degree in Public Health, Health Policy, Social Science or related field is required.
Please submit a cover letter and CV to the following email address by Thursday, August 17th: