The number of violations of the ceasefire regime in Donbas area in the east of Ukraine over the past week has been increased by 55 percent, Principal Deputy Chief Monitor of the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission to Ukraine (SMM) Alexander Hug has said.
During the week, we registered an increase in the level of violence along the disengagement line. The number of violations of the ceasefire regime has been increased by 55 percent. We are particularly concerned about the widespread use of weapons prohibited by Minsk agreements. We recorded at least 547 instances of multiple rocket launchers, other artillery and mortar systems. Some 137 such cases have been registered over the last week, Hug said at a briefing via Skype on August 11.