Editor’s Note: As Ukraine’s 26th Independence Day approaches on Aug. 24, the Kyiv Post is asking Ukrainians who live abroad to send in their picture with answers to the following questions for publication. Send to Kyiv Post chief editor Brian Bonner at email@example.com
– Where are you from in Ukraine?
– When did you leave; why did you leave?
– How did you end up where you live?
– Do you ever regret that you are not in Ukraine – why or why not?
– What do you miss most about Ukraine?
– What do you miss least about Ukraine?
– Does where you live have more opportunities for you than in Ukraine?
– What relatives/friends are left back in Ukraine?
– Do they visit you or do you visit them? Often?
– With Ukraine coming up to its 26th anniversary of national independence, how do you feel about your homeland? Is it making progress as a nation? Or not so much?
– What would it take for you to return?
– What do you wish for your country?
– Do you think that wish will come true?
The published replies can be found here: Ukrainian Voices From Abroad.