The group’s chief, Yevgeny Prigozhin, said the company is currently focusing its activities in Africa and at training centers in Belarus, adding a specific time for reopening the recruitment centers has not been determined yet.
“We are defining our next tasks, the outline of which is being drawn more and more clearly,” Prigozhin said.
“Of course, these are tasks that will be accomplished in the name of Russia’s greatness.”
The suspension of recruitment is not the first for Wagner PMCs. In early July, the company had already announced a one-month halt to recruitment due to temporary non-participation in the war in Ukraine and relocation to Belarus.
The decision to suspend recruitment comes following the attempted but failed armed mutiny by Wagner mercenaries, headed by Prigozhin.
The mutiny, initiated by Prigozhin commenced on June 23 with a declared “march for justice” aimed at removing Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu and Chief of the General Staff of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation, Valery Gerasimov, from their positions.
The short-lived rebellion was ended by a deal under which some Wagner fighters and their outspoken leader Yevgeny Prigozhin were supposed to move to Belarus.
You can also highlight the text and press Ctrl + Enter