Russia’s propaganda-pedlars are seeking to divert the blame  for the war crimes committed by  their nation’s army against the Ukrainian civilian population. 

On September 6, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky said that the world must react to the discovery of mass burials in Izyum, where Russia repeated what it did in Bucha, where more than 440 graves were discovered. “There is already clear evidence of torture, abuse of people,” he said. “Moreover, there is evidence that Russian soldiers, whose positions were not far from this place, shot at the graves just for fun.”

After escaping from Izyum, the Russians quickly began preparing propaganda to excuse and divert away from their crimes against humanity, once again insinuating that the discovery of mass graves was an attempt by Ukraine “to stage a new Bucha.”

Advertisement

After liberation, in addition to mass burials, law enforcement officers discovered ten torture chambers in the de-occupied territories of the Kharkiv region, six of them in Izyum.

The head of the National Police of Ukraine, Ihor Klymenko, cited terrible instances of the terrors being unearthed: the death from torture of a 40-year-old farmer who was strangled with a stun gun, citizens of Sri Lanka whose nails were pulled out with pliers, eight women who were humiliated, and men who were tortured with electric currents.

According to Klymenko, the occupiers used torture to find out information about the deployment of Ukrainian troops, possible Ukrainian sabotage groups, and “sleeper” groups in the captured territories, as well as about the participants of the Ukrainian anti-terrorist operation.

Ukrainian Special Ops Say They Destroyed Russian Hyacinth-S Self-Propelled Gun Using HIMARS
Other Topics of Interest

Ukrainian Special Ops Say They Destroyed Russian Hyacinth-S Self-Propelled Gun Using HIMARS

The Russian self-propelled gun was discovered by the 73rd Maritime Center of the SSO during reconnaissance operations in the southern front line.

US Secretary of State Anthony Blinken said that the mass burial in Izyum is “a terrible part of the history of Russian atrocities that continue in Ukraine.”

Meanwhile, EU High Representative Josep Borrell noted that he was “deeply shocked by the mass burials in Izyum,” saying that: “Russia and all those involved will be held accountable, and the EU supports all efforts.”

Advertisement

Pawel Schroth, the head of the office of the President of Poland, noted that Izyum fell into the hands of the invaders just when the world had already learned about the massacre in Bucha, saying: “They knew that their methods were known, and they still carried out their work in cold blood.”

The work of relevant investigative bodies continues, including international ones. Subsequently, the International Court of Justice will have to formalize this in the form of a verdict.

To suggest a correction or clarification, write to us here
You can also highlight the text and press Ctrl + Enter

Comments (0)

https://www.kyivpost.com/assets/images/author.png
Write the first comment for this!