The Third Separate Assault Brigade of the Ukrainian Armed Forces (AFU) has released intense footage on Telegram showcasing the liberation of Krasnohorivka in the Donetsk region, retaken from Russian troops with significant losses to Kremlin forces.

DeepState analysts reported early on Wednesday, Feb. 28, that Russian troops had advanced south of Krasnohorivka near Marinka, launching an attack on the southeastern part of the city and managing to enter its territory.

In response, the fighters of the 1st and 2nd Assault Battalions of the Third Separate Assault Brigade swiftly initiated a “combat operation to clear the city of enemy forces.”

By Wednesday, the brigade announced the successful retaking of Krasnohorivka now under Ukrainian control.

Despite facing staunch resistance and intense fighting, the assault battalions dealt significant blows to the enemy, resulting in around 100 Russian soldiers being killed or wounded.

Advertisement

The Deputy Commander of the 3rd Assault Brigade, Maksym Zhorin, said that the brigade successfully prevented further Russian advances in the settlement.

“At the moment, the b**tards have no strength and desire to advance here,” Zhorin reported.

On Thursday, Feb. 29, the 3rd Assault Brigade shared footage of their city sweep operation. The video depicted the brigade's units entering the city aboard armored vehicles, navigating past mine barriers, and advancing through the streets.

The caption to the published video stated, “The enemy was not willing to retreat and held onto every house. Force, bullets, and grenades knocked the Russians out.”

Ukrainian Lawmakers Pass Mobilization Bill, Omitting Demobilization for Soldiers
Other Topics of Interest

Ukrainian Lawmakers Pass Mobilization Bill, Omitting Demobilization for Soldiers

The Parliament excluded the provision for military demobilization after 36 months of service from the draft law. Military members who have served since 2022 have been awaiting this provision.

The footage captured intense close combat scenes and the aftermath of destroyed buildings.

Moreover, the video included intercepted conversations of Russian soldiers via military walkie-talkies:

“How is the situation?”

“That’s really f***ed up.”

The Russian service member urged his comrades: “You have to hold on! Work, work! Don’t let these [vulgar], [vulgar] a single step. Boys, shoot them, shoot them. Well done, let’s hold on!”

Advertisement

In commenting on the intercepted dialogues, Ukrainian soldiers said that the Russian soldier was attempting to motivate his comrades rather than convey operational information.

Meanwhile, the General Staff of the AFU, in its report as of 6 a.m. on Friday, March 1, reported the continued efforts of the Russian troops to break through the defense lines near Krasnohorivka in the Donetsk region.

Earlier, the AFU Commander-in-Chief Oleksandr Syrsky disclosed the “miscalculations” made by individual commanders in the Avdiivka sector.

According to him, a taut situation was observed in the Avdiivka and Zaporizhzhia sectors, where Russian assault units were trying to break through the AFU defenses and capture several settlements, including Krasnohorivka.

The Institute for the Study of War (ISW) had previously suggested that Russian forces maintain their offensive near Avdiivka to prevent Ukrainian troops from establishing a more fortified defense line near the city.

To suggest a correction or clarification, write to us here
You can also highlight the text and press Ctrl + Enter

Comments (0)

https://www.kyivpost.com/assets/images/author.png
Write the first comment for this!