· Top 5 Headlines
· President Zelensky’s Message of the Day
· Ukraine Summer Offensive Summary
· Infographic of the Day
1. Russia claimed that Ukraine undertook a swarm drone attack on occupied Crimea, potentially involving up to 42 drones. Its Ministry of Defense did not say whether there was any damage or casualties. It also claimed that there was a missile attack on Kaluga and Tula regions which forced the temporary closure of Moscow airports.
2. The Pentagon said the training Ukrainian F-16 pilots would begin in the US starting next month. “These pilots will be conducting English language training at Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio, Texas in September prior to attending F-16 flying training in Arizona the following month,” a Pentagon spokesman said.
3. Vladimir Putin spoke about the plane crash that reportedly killed mercenary boss Yevgeny Prigozhin and other senior members of the Wagner Group. “I knew Prigozhin for a very long time, since the early 90s,” Putin said. “He was a man of complicated fate, and he made serious mistakes in his life, but he achieved the right results.”. In an address to Russians during the Wagner rebellion, Putin had called Prigozhin – once his ally – a “traitor.”
The crash site of a plane that reportedly carried Wagner leader Evgeny Prigozhin in visible in new satellite imagery of Russia. pic.twitter.com/s1kQ701eVa— Brady Africk (@bradyafr) August 24, 2023
4. Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of Ukraine (AFU) Valery Zaluzhny told American officials that Ukrainian forces are on the verge of a breakthrough, Wall Street Journal reported based on apparent access to US intelligence.
President Zelensky’s Message
I spoke with @POTUS Joseph Biden and thanked him for his Independence Day greetings.— Volodymyr Zelenskyy / Володимир Зеленський (@ZelenskyyUa) August 24, 2023
The U.S. took the lead in rallying global support for Ukraine. This crucial leadership enabled our struggle and bent the arc of history toward good.
Together, we prove that freedom and…
Potential “verge of breakthrough” situation near Robotyne; probing raids along Dnipro and on the shores of occupied Crimea.
Operations – Southern Front
ISWRobotyneGeolocated footage published on Aug. 24 shows that Ukrainian forces advanced further towards the Russian defensive lines west of Verbove (18 km southeast of Orikhiv) and into southern Robotyne (10 km south of Orikhiv).
Ukrainian artillery hit and destroyed a sabotage and reconnaissance group of Russian forces north of Pidstepne across the Dnipro. pic.twitter.com/eSBWe7KWgx— WarMonitor🇺🇦 (@WarMonitor3) August 24, 2023
Ukrainian Main Military Intelligence Directorate (HUR) posted footage and announced that Ukrainian forces landed on the shores near Olenivka and Mayak (both 116 km northwest of Sevastopol), according to ISW.
Explosions were recorded earlier this morning in Odesa and Zaporizhzhia regions.
Infographic of the Day
You can also highlight the text and press Ctrl + Enter